The natural landscape in the Canary Islands is different to what we see in the Iberian Peninsula. At Tenerife stands the mighty Mount Teide, a volcano.
A landscape is the land you can see. There are many things like rivers, lakes, buildings, roads, bridges...
La unidad en la que estamos trabajando trata de los paisajes (Landscapes) y en ella aprenderemos a:
• nombrar y describir elementos naturales en un paisaje • reconocer algunas semejanzas y deferencias básicas entre los paisajes costeros y los de interior • entender que hay que tomar precauciones para estar seguro durante las vacaciones • reconocer los elementos humanos y físicos que se ven en la naturaleza • reconocer los elementos humanos y físicos que hay en nuestra localidad • conocer sobre los animales que viven en la costa • saber cómo estar seguro en la playa
tema para experimentar aprovechando el largo fin de semana en la
Comunidad de Madrid, especialmente para los que se acerquen a las
The lunch box
In my lunch box I've got ...
In my lunch box I haven't got ...
Fish are one kind of vertebrates. They share some characteristics:
- Fish breathe underwater using gills, not lungs.
- Fish live in the water.
- Fish have scalescovering their body and fins to move.
- Fish lay eggs, lots of them.
- Fish are cold-blooded.
Birds are another kind of vertebrates. Birds share some characteristics:
- Birds have feathers covering their bodies.
- They have abeak and wings.
- They lay hard-shelled eggs.
- Most birds can fly, and some can swimor run.
- They have two legs.
- They are warm-blooded, like mammals.
- They have ear holes instead of ears.
Mammals are one of kind of vertebrates. All mammals share some characteristics:
- Mammals have lungs and need air to breathe.
- Most mammals havefur or hair covering their body.
- Mammals are warm-blooded, their body temperature is the same whether it is cold or hot.
- Mammals give birth to live young.
- Mammal mothers nurse their young with milk.
Our eTwinning project Let's be e-citizens needed a logo, and in the interest of fairness, it was decided that a vote was the best way to choose our logo. Not only did the children enjoy the activity but it also presented us with an opportunity to teach the children how elections work, the processes involved, the importance of the criteria, as well as learning the vocabulary and terminology associated with elections.
eTwinning on spot
The awarding of the eTwinning Quality Labels took for teachers' projects from Madrid took place during the I Edición de Reconocimientos de los Sellos de Calidad eTwinning.Our school took part in the debate about the impact of eTwinning and how it affects teachers, students and the educational community as a whole. This year our first grade students are participating in an annual project, Let's be e-citizens, with children from Serbia, Croatia, Italy and Greece. Thanks to this project we have been doing enjoyable collaborative work with our partners.